Thursday 16 February 2012

It's Been Too Long!

I can't believe how time gets away from me! I know its only been a couple of weeks, but I had planned on posting here at least once a week, so I'm a little behind. I've been a busy girl lately!

School is still stressing me out, but I feel like I'm doing a little better handling it. I've had papers galore due these last few weeks, so that has taken up all of my time, keeping me from posting here. I'm halfway done with this set of classes, and then I get a little bit of a break. I just have to stay focused and keep pushing through. And most importantly, stop telling myself that I can't do this, because it always works out, so I should know better by now!

I have made a drastic change to my diet the last 2 weeks. I have been going low carb and I have cut out all sugar. It has been VERY hard, I have never craved bread so bad in my life, but I've managed to make it through the first 2 weeks. I am happy to report that I am down 7.5 pounds! I can't believe it was that much, but I guess cutting that stuff out really works for me! who knew? :)  I'm going to stick with it and hopefully it will be what I've needed to get this weight off. I'm really happy with the results so far, and I look forward to future results!

I hope everyone out there is doing well!

♥  Lots of LOVE  ♥

Laura

P.S.  I recently tried mashed cauliflower in place of mashed potatoes and I was surprised at how good they were! They almost taste like potatoes once you add in some seasonings. I am happy to say that it will be a regular part of my dinner plan!

2 comments:

  1. I like reading your blog and just wanted to tell you that my husband and I tried mashed cauliflower just recently, instead of mashed potatoes and we loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Meandu, I'm glad you enjoy reading my blog! I promise I'll be posting a little more often very soon! I'm so happy you tried the mashed cauliflower and that you enjoyed it! Any change, no matter how small, is always a step in the right direction! :)

      Delete