Friday 4 May 2012

A Tuff Week

    So this has not been a good week for me. My weigh in on Wednesday was not the  best it could have been. I was down 0.4 of a pound, but I've been stuck in the 230 for quite a while now... I'm talking at least 2 months. Something my trainer, John, isn't very happy about, and neither am I, I feel like I'm wasting his time by not do what I should be doing, I really just wanted to cry.

     I know the problem is all in my head. My fitness is great, I feel like I could work out all day sometimes. I can do so much more than i used to be able to. So why can't I get rid of this weight you ask? Because I'm stuck in a food rut that I can't seem to get out of. I call it a food rut because I've gotten lazy and just eat what ever is there, which is usually something that I shouldn't be eating.

    I know what to eat and the right way to eat them. I just get lazy and decide it would just be easier to eat something that's ready to go, instead of putting in the little bit of extra work to eat what is good for me. It's terrible to say that, isn't it? I'm lazy. I hate seeing that word, because I have no reason to be lazy. I know what it's doing to me and the effect it's having on my weight... I see it every Wednesday when I weight in. And yet I continue to do what I've been doing. I can do so good for a week or two, then it's a week or two of crap, which is exactly why I've been stuck at almost the same weight for so long. I need to get out of this rut, and fast!

   So, after deciding I need to change the way I've been doing things, I decided to do something pretty exciting yesterday (It was exciting for me anyway!).  I decided that I need to start getting my carbs from vegetables instead of other, less healthy, foods, so I went to the store and bought every single vegetable that I had never tried before. I spent the rest of the day cooking and trying all of these new veggies. There where a few I didn't really care for, but there where quite a  few that I enjoyed and will be including in my meals from now on! I wasn't expecting to like all of them of course, but I'm really excited that I liked as many as I did, and I'm excited to being including them in my menu planning.

   I encourage all of you to try some new veggies and see if you can find something new to enjoy!! I hope you all are doing well, and continue reaching for your goals!

♥  Lots of LOVE  ♥

Laura

4 comments:

  1. that's such a good idea about the veggies! i'm not a huge veg head at all!! like i have canned veggies that have been in my cabinets for months! and apples and oranges in the fridge that i look at EVERY day and do not pick them to eat. food is so hard. you sound just like me!! sorry i've been absent! i think i'm going to make a new blog tomorrow :) keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not big on veggies either, so I was really surprised that I liked as many as I did! I do feel your pain, it's so much easier just to eat the stuff that easy and tastes better than the other stuff! I hope to see a blog from you soon! :)

      Delete
  2. I understand that it is frustrating when you seem to be getting nowhere fast when it comes to losing weight. I have found it helpful to think of it as a lifestyle change and not so much as dieting. I liked your tip on vegetable buying. My husband I like to change up the veggies every now and again as well. It keeps meals from getting boring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, it's got to be a life style change, otherwise I don't think I would make it through! There are still those days that I just don't do well, I'm sure we all have them, it's just part of life. I appreciate your support! :)

      Delete